Learn how Software Company Hexelnet handles data retention, sharing practices, and your rights, ensuring a secure and transparent experience.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://hexelnet.com.
When visitors leave comments on our site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to aid in spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
At hexelnet.com, we value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. We may share your data in the following scenarios:
- Service Providers: We share information with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting, data analysis, email delivery, and other administrative services.
- Password Resets: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. This is a standard security measure to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Legal Compliance and Safety: We may disclose your information if required by law, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with legal processes, to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, clients, or the public.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Analytics and Advertising: We may share non-personally identifiable information with partners like advertisers and analytics providers to improve the effectiveness and reach of our website.
- Consent: We may share your information with other parties with your explicit consent.
Please note that we do not sell your personal data to third parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.